< Back to front page Text size – +
Posted by Joan Salge Blake December 26, 2013 02:28 PM
In 2013, we saw how technology played a role in the foods you eat when scientists historically produced the first laboratory grown hamburger, and computer wizards released numerous apps that helped you get dinner on the table. The FDA was busy not only considering the banning of partially hydrogenated oils, which are the major sources of trans fat in the diet, but also standardizing gluten-free labeling down the supermarket food aisles. Both the U.S. Senate and a major physicians’ association declared war on the marketing of energy drinks to kids, and professional athletes were uncovered for profiting from endorsing junk foods being sold to adolescents.
With so much going on, I thought it would be fun to provide you with the links, in order of popularity, of my Top 10 Nutrition and You blog posts in 2013:
- The 5 Best Diet Changes to Make in 2013
- Myths and Facts: What to Eat To Beat The Common Cold
- To Lose Weight: Eat Breakfast Like a King, Dinner Like a Pauper
- The Best Kept Secret for Weight Loss
- The Health Benefits of Beer
- Why Women Drink
- Ideas for Healthy, Weekday Dinners
- Can Oatmeal Help You Lose Weight?
- FDA Alert: Grapefruit and Medications, A Dangerous Mix
- Study: An Eating Out Trick to Help You Order Less
Wishing you health and happiness in 2014, Joan
Follow Joan on Twitter at: JoanSalgeBlake
Originally published on the blog Nutrition and You!.
The author is solely responsible for the content.