Boston health officials revise downward number injured in bombings to 264

  • E-mail
  • E-mail this article

    Invalid E-mail address
    Invalid E-mail address

    Sending your article

    Your article has been sent.

Boston public health officials said Tuesday they have revised downward their estimate of the number of people injured in the marathon attacks, to 264.

A spokesman for the Boston Public Health Commission had said Monday that state health officials had counted 282 people who were injured and treated at Greater Boston hospitals, as of Saturday.

Why did the number decrease?

“It turns out that we had double-counted some patients that were transferred from one hospital to another, so we reviewed our spreadsheets and cleaned up the duplicates,” said Nick Martin, the commission spokesman.

Check out this Globe story for more details on why the injury count has risen over the past several days and the status of the two patients still on the critical list.

  • E-mail
  • E-mail this article

    Invalid E-mail address
    Invalid E-mail address

    Sending your article

    Your article has been sent.

About this blog

Kotz writes the Daily Dose blog for Boston.com and is a health reporter for the Globe. She’s been covering the health beat for two decades and previously worked as a senior writer at US News and World Report.
Contact dkotz@globe.com
On Twitter @debkotz2