Welcome to Twitter, @Sebelius! Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius launched her account this afternoon:
Two hours in, she had a bigger following than our boss, Gideon Gil. Not that it’s a competition. Here’s a short list of current and former health administrators who have joined in:
- John Polanowicz, the newly appointed Massachusetts secretary for health and human services is there.
- David Seltz, executive director of the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission, could be in the running for most elegant Twitter photo.
- Dr. Farzad Mostashari, national coordinator for health information technology, is chatty on Twitter, with more than 7,000 followers.
- Mostashari’s predecessor, Dr. David Blumenthal, writes about electronic records and redesigning health care.
- Apparently Dr. Don Berwick, former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services administrator and tentative gubernatorial candidate, is on Twitter. Who knew? His account is dark. He has neither tweeted nor followed anyone.
Who else do you follow? And who among them has a feed that goes beyond official news?