What I did: 45 minute interval training run, 15 minutes weights, plank
On my playlist: "Bad" by Michael Jackson
Many of you have e-mailed me to ask very specific questions about my fitness and weight-loss regimen. My post today will answer all of those questions you've had about my numbers.
- Pounds lost to date: 32.2
- Pounds left to lose:19.8
- Calories I consume a day: at least 1,200 (but usually more like 1,400)
- My height: 5' 0"
- Steps I've taken since I started this journey, according to my FitBit: 1,987,493
- Starting pants size: 16
- current pants size: 8
- Amount of weight I can bench press: 150 lbs (working on this one)
- Number of 1-minute planks I try to do a week: 7 (I aim for 1 a day)
- Personal record for holding a plank: 2 minutes
- Average number of songs I listen to during a workout: 15
- Number of miles I can run without stopping: 3
- Number of times a day I check my FitBit steps total: At least 20
- Number of new friends I've made because of exercise: 4
- Number of hours I sleep a night: 7.5
- Time I get up each morning: 5 a.m.
- Cups of coffee I drink each day: 1 (down from 4!)
- Average length of a weekday workout: 45 minutes
- Days until my first road race: 6
What are some of your numbers?
Staying fit is an important part of staying healthy. This blog will offer exercise tips from experts as well as share the personal journeys of Globe staff members committed to fitness. No matter your age or energy level, we invite you to join in and share your own story. How do you find time to work out? What are your daily challenges? Let us know and read along -- and together, we can all get moving.