Several dear friends of mine have recently celebrated major milestone birthdays (Happy Birthday, kids!). And this got me to thinking (scary, I know).
What things do I want to accomplish before I hit my next birthday? What things do I want to do before I die?
At the beginning of the year, I gave you a peek at my list of goals (remember, I hate the word "resolutions") and decided I need to revisit it. Here's the list to jog your memory (with things I've accomplished already crossed out):
1. Manage to bust out a five-minute #plankAday
2. Try a Spartan Race/Warrior Dash/Tough Mudder obstacle course
3. Run another half marathon (I know, I didn't think I'd say that anytime soon either) UPDATE: I changed this to run a marathon
4. Get under 30 minutes for my 5K pace
5. Master a pull-up
6. Run 10 5Ks (yes, 10, a completely arbitrary number, but more than the four I ran this year)
7. Master one really amazing, super-healthy recipe that will become my go-to dish when I'm in a pinch (I have to remember to post the recipe for you kids)
8. Jump out of a plane. Yes, I want to go skydiving. Always have. This year I'm vowing to do it.
9. Get back into rock climbing
10. Get back into rowing (any Simmons alum want to get a four together!?)
11. Find a good yoga class that fits my schedule (this is going to be super difficult)
12. Teach my son it's fun to try something hard
13. Run more. Laugh more. With friends.
If you ask me (and I'm my toughest critic), I'm making solid progress on crushing this list by the end of the year.
But, as you know, I like adding things as I go along. My theory is the more I challenge myself, the more fun I have, and the more I stick with *something* (be it running or otherwise).
So, here's my question for you: What do you want to do? What's on your list? Drop me a comment, e-mail, or tweet @BeWellBoston with your answer.