The Boston Flower & Garden Show, will return to the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston on Wednesday, March 16 through Sunday, March 20 and focus on the creative possibilities of container gardening. The theme – A Burst of Color: Celebrating the Container Garden— will showcase dozens of ways to add vibrancy, warmth, and drama to any size space – a sunny welcome on a city terrace, a gourmet harvest in a suburban side yard, or a fresh focal point for a mature landscape.
The 2011 Boston Flower & Garden Show will kick off on Tuesday evening, March 15 with a VIP Preview Party, which brings together New England’s best garden designers, hundreds of garden enthusiasts, and Boston glitterati. Proceeds from the annual sneak-peek fundraiser will benefit the Boston Parks and Recreation Department’s Fund for Parks and Recreation in its work to maintain and beautify the City of Boston.
Set to the backdrop of over 25 garden displays by cutting-edge landscape professionals and area nurseries, visitors to the 2011 Boston Flower & Garden Show will also enjoy daily hands-on children’s gardening activities, 200 vendors featuring thousands of plants and hundreds of the newest gardening products, as well as chances to take home exciting giveaways.
* Gardening & floral arrangement demos: Guests will enjoy 30 gardening demonstrations from leading experts and gardening groups such as the New England Rose Society and the Massachusetts Nursery & Landscape Association; floral arranging demos will be presented by the Massachusetts Professional Florists Association.
Lectures by top garden writers: The Show will feature 28 lectures by garden experts, including authors Charlie Nardozzi, Tovah Martin, Ray Rogers and Ed Smith.
Daily cooking exhibitions from local gurus such as garden chef Carole Murko of Heirloom Meals and the culinary team at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston
The Massachusetts Horticultural Society and the Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts coordinate colorful competitions amongst the region’s top amateur floral arrangers.
The Marketplace Book Store: Many of the Show’s speakers and lecturers will have their books on sale at the Book Store, where guests will also find hundreds of other titles pertaining to gardening—cookbooks, garden design, containers, pruning.
Preview Party, Tuesday, March 15: A kick-off to New England’s largest horticultural event, proceeds from this exclusive fundraiser and annual sneak-peek to the Show will benefit the Fund for Parks and Recreation, which helps support environmental projects, park beautification projects, and recreation programming in the City of Boston. WCVB’s Randy Price and Bianca de la Garza will Co-Chair this VIP event. Tickets for the Preview Party are available at www.cityofboston.gov/parks/.
The 2011 Boston Flower & Garden Show is produced by Paragon Group, event marketer and producer of major events, including the New England International Auto Show and the National Golf Expo Boston.
* Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston
* Preview Party: Tuesday, March 15, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
* Wednesday, March 16 through Saturday, March 19, 9 AM – 8 PM
* Sunday, March 20, 9 AM – 6 PM
· $20 for adults
· $17 for seniors (65+)
· $10 for children ages 6-17
· Children under age 6 admitted free
· Group rates for 20 or more at $16 per ticket
· Tickets are available at all Roche Brothers stores and at www.TheBostonFlowerShow.com