Talk about love at 1 p.m.

Posted by Glenn Yoder  February 25, 2009 09:46 AM

Meredith Goldstein takes your questions on love and relationships in a live chat starting at 1 p.m. today. Enter your questions below for Meredith.

1. Where in the world can a single parent find love these days? It's so difficult to find the time to go out and meet people, and despite the fact that I'm now in my early 30s, it seems like many men my age are looking for a woman who can stay out till all hours or plan a weekend getaway at a moment's notice. Are there any men out there who are open to dating a single mom, and where can I find them??

Posted by SassyMom24 February 25, 09 01:41 PM
  1. I joined okcupid.com and talked with an amazing woman. I am 23; she is 22. We agreed (after great phone conversations) to go on a date. The day before the date, she tells me she "took it past a point" with another guy and didn't think it was fair to go out with me. I was bummed out. LaterI texted her and told that I hope all is well, and that I think we would really hit it off. She told me she would let me know if it doesn't work out with this other guy. So last week I texted her again and asked if she wanted to see a play with me. She said she would -- as friends. Am I crazy to think that this could work out in the future?

So last wee

Posted by Jason February 25, 09 01:42 PM
  1. been reading your articles about facebook and digging up past romances...is it at all strange that my husband recently made plans for both of us to get together with two former girlfriends?

Posted by Anonymous February 25, 09 01:53 PM
  1. Just wanted to point out- I'm 26 most people my age list "The Goonies" as a favorite movie. I think almost everyone in my class in high school owned a copy.

The reason why 20 somethings don't want to date older people is beacuse you all love assuming there's so much we "missed out on". Like movies and music aren't available past the year they came out- get real!

Posted by Noel February 27, 09 10:33 AM
  1. I think the whole conversation about age in this chat is ridiculous.

First of all, an "older crowd" meet up? Way to pigeonhole your readers. It's funny that you 'older' folk think that anyone under 25 knows only crappy movies and spends all their free time partying it up & having 'all nighters.'

And secondly, I am 25 years old and have been dating a man 12+ my senior for nearly 3 years now. People always cringe and give me that 'trophy-wife' speech, until they see us in action. There is nothing more disgusting to me than people who think others should stick to some weirdo age requirement. Maybe if some of you stopped looking at others' date of birth, you could actually find someone who makes you happy. Amazing how many people you cancel out simply because of what year they were born.

I'm definitely disappointed.