Love, love, love

Posted by Glenn Yoder  July 1, 2009 10:19 AM

Meredith Goldstein will take your questions on love and relationships in a live chat at 1 p.m. today. Join the discussion below.

1. Hi Meredith. Thanks for taking my question. You're a doll. I danced with my second cousin at a wedding this weekend and something "popped up". We decided to go with it and even exchanged a kiss on the lips (sans tongues) on the dance floor. Well a lot of my relatives have treated us coldly since then. Is dating a second cousing acceptable in MA? Are we weird to want to pursue this?
    Teddy P

Posted by Teddy Pendergrass July 1, 09 12:31 PM
  1. Been single for 3 years and i am still surprise at how difficult it is to meet someone normal who has positive things going on for themselves. i have tried internet dating but nothing works, to many games people pay even on these paying sites. I am abit shy at first, any suggestion?

Posted by JP July 1, 09 01:01 PM
  1. Hi Meredith,

I am a married man with a good wife & 2 kids. The problem I have is that fro whatever reason (and there always seems to be a legit reason) there's little whoopie going on with me and the missus. Once or twice a month is really not cool for a guy about 40.

I don't want to hurt the marriage and all that, but the lack of physical stuff gets me down. I think my wife would like to do it more, but sometimes it's a health reason and otehr times it is a timing situation, and often it is just plain tired from the day.

Posted by Feelin Randy July 1, 09 02:28 PM
  1. Don't be shy, go for it what can possible happened if he or she say no. I got dump all the time.

Posted by shyness get you to nowhere. July 1, 09 05:05 PM
  1. I'd start by proofreading before posting, JP. It really does make a grand difference. Also, life is not all sweetness and light. Many would be bored by someone only looking for "positive things." Thank for the dinner invitation, but please don't serve treacle.

Why did you place the first person pronoun in the lower case, btw?

"to many games" = too many games I won't look at anyone who won't proofread. Sorry to be harsh, but that's the way it is. Proffing shows you're serious, that you care.

Posted by reindeergirl July 1, 09 06:32 PM
  1. Hey Reindeergirl,

What is "Proffing"? Or did you miss that when you were proofreading your comment?

Lesson: No body likes a hypocritical, pompous clown. Ask Rico.

Posted by Hadie Nuff July 2, 09 07:56 AM
  1. hey reindeergirl - you know..before you rip someone for their grammar or spelling, you might want to try doing some "Proffing " of your own! If I get shot down becuase I wrote "i think your eyes are beautiful" then all the better!!

Posted by nitpickychicks July 2, 09 09:00 AM
  1. proffing really does show you're serious lol

Posted by 12345 July 2, 09 10:38 AM
  1. reindeer girl,

don't be so judgmental over a blog comment... especially about "proffing" if you don't even proof your own comment.

JP,

Don't give up.... I know there are many judgmental Boston girls who will check your resume first for misspellings and gaps of employment just in case you wouldn't be able to afford their gucci purses... but there are also many of us who care about the heart and soul instead of the lower case pronouns...

Priorities I guess. I could rather have a "to" instead of a "too" than a husband-to-be that is "almost" cheating...

Posted by linda2 July 2, 09 10:38 AM
  1. Wait, what does "proffing" show? *Rolls Eyes*

Posted by HBellz July 2, 09 10:43 AM
  1. Confused as hell? What's confusing about it? He asked you to come down to the OBX for a booty call and then he found another easy lay and no longer wanted you around. It would have been nice if he'd broken it off directly instead of disappearing, but what did you expect from a guy who walked out on his family and ran off to be a beach bum?

Posted by Youhaverollerbearingsforanklespushover July 2, 09 03:32 PM