Cry me a river

Posted by Meredith Goldstein  September 2, 2009 10:30 AM

Chat with me about love problems. Because I care.

1. I hope we get some more Hoss tough guy talk in this one.

Posted by Annoying September 2, 09 10:50 AM
  1. LONG LIVE Dan Blocker !!!!!

Posted by Hosswas the best Brother September 2, 09 11:21 AM
  1. Hoss is going to tough guy talk all over you for bring up Dan Blocker.

Posted by Annoying September 2, 09 11:28 AM
  1. BREAKING NEWS: LOCAL MAN MADE HERO FOR TOUGH GUY TALK THAT GAVE THE WORLD HOPE.

Posted by John Jackson September 2, 09 11:36 AM
  1. Methinks you are a tad bit obsessed. It was only 4 dates and as I told you previously, it's nothing personal. We just are not compatible. No more cell phone photos of me. No more requests to hug me. I'm just not that into you. There, I said it.

Go ahead and keep busy with your hobbies. Perhaps obtain a bicycle? I hear that 'bikes are the new black', 'fat wheels are kind to mother nature', 'gears not beers', and all that.

- Hoss

Posted by Hoss September 2, 09 11:48 AM
  1. BREAKING NEWS: LOCAL HERO DISAPPOINTS WITH LACK OF USUAL TOUGH GUY RHETORIC.

Posted by Anonymous September 2, 09 12:06 PM
  1. Congrats on living up to your pseudo.

Oh and for the record, I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

- Hoss

Posted by Hoss September 2, 09 12:53 PM
  1. BREAKING NEWS: LOCAL HERO, "HOSS", COMES BACK WITH ZINGER!

Posted by John Jackson September 2, 09 02:11 PM
  1. Yes, it was a 1:30 meeting and a typo. Oops.

Posted by two sheds September 2, 09 02:24 PM
  1. I will have everyone know that Sally and I are now friends on Facebook :)

SO THERE to all of you haters who aren't invited into our club!

Posted by Tricia September 2, 09 02:27 PM
  1. BREAKING NEWS: "SALLY" BEFRIENDS LOCAL KNOW IT ALL. PUBLIC SHOCKED!

Posted by John Jackson September 2, 09 02:55 PM
  1. Death in family. Missed chat.

Posted by Nada September 2, 09 03:46 PM
  1. Guest (the first one),

I don't think you should end your relationship over this, alone, but this does like something that you need to address. My apologies for essentially saying that guys are easily made interested in sex, and that there's something wrong if they are not. I agree with Meredith's correction that this is not always the case, and it is dangerous to make these assumptions. Still, this is a sign of something. It could be that there is something with him that's preventing him from being as interested as he might be (tired, time of day, performance anxiety, you're not his cup of tea), or it could be that he's simply doesn't have as strong of a libido as you wish he did. You'll never know until you talk to him about it.

I agree with Meredith's advice. Bring this up as something you really enjoy and you want to find a way to enjoy it more often. (There's a good chance part of the problem is performance anxiety of one form or another, so don't make him feel he is inadequate). If the rest of the relationship is good, there is a good chance you can find a way to work this out.

Posted by two sheds September 2, 09 03:57 PM
  1. bad or worse ? Bad crying depends on who is shedding the tears!
    People who lack insight into their emotional lives (a condition known as alexithymia) actually feel worse after crying.

Posted by bad or worse September 2, 09 04:07 PM
  1. Ella Julie or JT or Kitchen Sisters
    Susan Boyle sang too!

Posted by which one does annoy? September 2, 09 04:16 PM
  1. Cry me another river

Posted by more on the way! September 2, 09 04:17 PM
  1. Oprah's got nothing on Meredith....except for maybe a few billion dollars. But meredith's empathy is worth so much more.

Posted by Nada September 2, 09 04:38 PM
  1. Hoss ain't no Dan Blocker....nor is he the real Hoss.

Posted by Hoss was Better than Little Joe September 2, 09 09:49 PM
  1. oh for god's sake....it appears what we have is little old Sally running around thinking she's the cat's meow. She has her little blog on how virgins can lead happy lives and she thinks she can now control and is the leader of the pack on the responders to LL and can control who is IN and who is OUT. worst of all, Meredith is facilitating this delusion. What a joke. my guess is SAlly is Mer's mother and that Rico guy might just be her Father.

Posted by screwthisplace September 3, 09 12:01 PM
  1. #19, are you a wanna-be leader ?
    few are jealous of all here and this place , YOU ARE as usual...lol.

Posted by #19 joke - here's your laugh ha ha ha September 3, 09 01:45 PM
  1. There's no club. No one's leading anything. Everybody's welcome. The more, the weirder.

Posted by Sally September 3, 09 07:14 PM
  1. TallGirl, I hope you read this. I figured out why I think you are crazy and why you intrigue me. You think you are "quit a bit older" than me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. By the way, you're not. Please send me one of your cookies. I like chocolate chip.

Posted by Sally September 4, 09 04:09 PM
  1. Hi Sally, I'm 55 - a product of the Vietnam War / Women's Lib era. Don't mention cookies! I try to keep to a no-sugar diet; sugar is too addictive for me.

Posted by TallGirl September 8, 09 02:35 PM
  1. TallGirl, are you sure? Your "I'm Lonely. Very Lonely." comment stated your were in your early 30s. Good god, could there be more than one TallGirl!!!!!

Eek.

Posted by Sally September 8, 09 02:51 PM
  1. TallGirl, I just took a reading comprehension class, then reread your comment on 9/3. My bad. All hail to older, wiser and sugarless. Best,

Posted by Sally September 8, 09 03:02 PM
  1. Sally, Nope, but I do remember my early 30s, now that you mention them. Time flies.... I don't remember what I advised "I'm lonely"; I'll check.

Posted by TallGirl September 8, 09 03:08 PM