Here's a shout for all the men out there. The public perception on bowties has evolved considerably in the last 2 decades. During the Saved by the Bell Nineties, the bowtie was nerdy not in a good way, a veritable fashion mistake. Now, thanks to Lebron, JT and other big time players, the pesky accessory is making a roaring comeback to cool. Throw in some suspenders and a pair of Warby Parkers for the the perfect groom geek-chic trifecta.
Here are a few of my favorite bowties:
Need a little help in the how-to department? Follow these 6 simple steps:
1. Right-handeds, pull the right side 2-3 inches longer than the left and then loop it over the left side to tie. Left-handeds, replace the word ‘left’ where it says ‘right’ from here on out.
2. Holding the top piece up to your face, pull the lower piece to the right and fold it across the front so that it forms half of the bow.
3. Bring the top piece down over your half-bow.
4.Fold both ends of the half-bow together in front of you.
5. Notice the loop created behind your half-bow. Pull the dangling piece toward the right, fold it into your other half-bow, and then back it into (and through) the loop.
6. Once through, hold on to both the loops and flat pieces, gently tugging and tightening to finish the look. Don't you look handsome!
*all images via BHLDN
The author is solely responsible for the content.
About the Authors
|Becca Olcott has a thing for old love letters and good old-fashioned romance. Bringing daily wedding updates and advice is second nature to Becca. She spends her days working with the brides of New England designing tablescapes full of lush florals and antique gems through her business Petal Floral Design.
|Casey Harrison is a wedding and portrait photographer in the lovely city of Boston. She spends her days scouting the countryside for beautiful locations for shoots and taking photos of couples in love through her business Hello Love Photography.|
Contact UsE-mail Becca and Casey at email@example.com
Like them on Facebook facebook.com/blissfullyinspiredweddings
InteractTweet Becca @petal_floral
Follow Becca on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/petal/
Follow Petal_Floral on instagram
Tweet Casey @hellolovephoto
Follow Casey on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/hellolovephoto/
Follow hellolovephoto on instagram