COUNTDOWN TO "I DO"
Wow. Our wedding is a week away. And just think, I didn't even have to make 300 sandwiches to get to this point.
Any other brides-to-be out there trying to survive the week before the wedding? Here's a helpful checklist to keep by your side as you get closer to your wedding day:
A Week Before The Wedding...
- Delegate, delegate, and delegate some more. Assign tasks to people that want to help. If you don't have a day of coordinator, designate someone to hand out tips, handle vendors, and keep track of your gifts!
- Finalize the wedding day timeline and send it to the bridal party.
- Check in one final time with your wedding photographer.
- Get your final payments to all vendors together. Set up your tip envelopes and put them in a safe place to hand off to your day of coordinator.
- Assemble all of your DIY elements. Chill some wine, order takeout, and make a party out of it by inviting your bridesmaids over to help.
- Pick up wedding dress from tailor.
- If you are leaving for the honeymoon immediately after the wedding, start packing now.
- Schedule a massage and relax.
- Have a final date night with you boo.
Don't forget to breath. You're almost there. I'm almost there. Yay!
Yesterday marked the final two months before the Mister and I exchange vows. There are now less than 60 days separating me from one of the biggest decisions I will ever make in life. Oh joy!
Any other brides-to-be out there at the two month mark? Here's a helpful checklist to keep by your side as you get closer to your wedding day:
Two Months Before The Wedding...
- Shop for your wedding bands.
- Schedule your dress fittings. You may need 2-3 fittings depending on the type of alterations needed on your dress. Make sure you have the shoes you plan to wear on your wedding day as well as your undergarments with you at each fitting.
- Reach out to your bridal party and communicate any last minute details or tasks.
- Get your travel documents in order for honeymoon (ie passport, visa, drivers license, etc.).
- For those writing your own wedding vows, start jotting down the vows now.
- Do hair/make-up run with your stylist.
- Finalize arrangements for the rehearsal dinner.
- Finalize plans for bridal shower/bachelor party/couples shower.
- Finalize wedding day music playlist or go over playlist with your DJ.
- Hire a wedding coordinator.
- Send out your wedding invitations.
- Touch base with your vendors.
- And, last but not least, ENJOY THE FINAL DAYS OF BEING ENGAGED. Even if everything doesn't go as planned (and it probably won't), you'll still be surrounded by those who love you and want to see you happy!
As we slowly shift gears and get back to normal in Boston, I wanted to share a quick wedding planning update. We finally chose a caterer! The Mister and I are incredibly excited to work with East Coast Grill in Cambridge for our reception. Their bold flavors and friendly, casual atmosphere are a perfect fit for the vibe we want our guests to feel on our wedding day. Shout out to ECG's catering team with Catering Director, Becky, at the helm. She has been a joy to work with.
Next item on the checklist: Wedding dress shopping. Oh joy!
Engaged couples, how's your wedding planning coming along? Drop a few lines in the Comments section and share any trials and triumphs you are experiencing.