Second suspect in triple murder in Maine is captured by State Police in Brockton

The second suspect in a triple murder in Bangor, Maine, was arrested in Brockton early today after a State Police SWAT team forced their way inside a woman’s apartment on North Montello Street.

Nicholas Sexton, 31, was arraigned later in Brockton District Court and pleaded not guilty to a fugitive from justice charge, the Plymouth district attorney’s office said. He did not waive his right to rendition. Sexton will be brought back to court Oct. 31.

Prosecutors intend to return him to Maine, where he faces three counts of murder and arson, the Plymouth district attorney’s office said.

Advertisement—Continue Reading Below

Sexton and a second man, Randall “Ricky” Daluz, 34, were charged last week in the shooting deaths of three people whose bodies were found in a burning car in a Bangor industrial park on Aug. 13. The victims had been fatally shot before being set on fire, Maine officials have said.

The victims were identified as Daniel Borders, 26, of Hermon, Maine; Nicolle Lugdon, 24, of Eddington, Maine; and Lucas Tuscano, 28, of Bradford, Maine.

A motive for the murders has not been disclosed by Maine officials, but Maine State Police have said they believe the slayings were drug-related.

Daluz was arrested in New Bedford Tuesday and has since been extensively interviewed by Bangor police. He has been returned to Maine to face the charges there.

After his arrest, Daluz told New Bedford police he was “lucky to be alive,’’ the New Bedford Standard-Times reported. Daluz also allegedly told police that if Sexton “didn’t run out of bullets, I’d be dead, too,” the newspaper reported, citing court documents.

According to Massachusetts State Police, Sexton was tracked down by the Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section, the US Marshals Service, the FBI, and the Rhode Island State Police.

After learning Sexton was staying at a woman’s residence in the 700 block of North Montello Street, authorities obtained a “no-knock” search warrant and used the Massachusetts State Police SWAT team to take Sexton into custody around 4 a.m. Thursday. No injuries were reported.

Share