Acid spill forces evacuation of BU lab
A man was injured this afternoon in an acid spill in a Boston University laboratory, the Boston Fire Department said.
Emergency crews responded just after 4 p.m. to 24 Cummington St., BU’s Life Sciences & Engineering Building, the fire department said in an official tweet. The building was evacuated.
Trichloroacetic acid had spilled on a research assistant in an eighth-floor lab. The man had already self-decontaminated using a “lab deluge shower,” the fire department said.
The man was taken to the hospital for further evaulation.Sarah N. Mattero can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.