Carbon monoxide sends 5 in apartment to hospital
Five Brockton residents, including two children, have been released from the hospital after being admitted for carbon monoxide inhalation, caused by a gas oven they left on overnight to heat their apartment, a fire official said. The apartment building, located at 165 Carl Ave., was without power after Friday’s snowstorm. One family, with two children ages 2 and 7, and two neighbors were using the stove for warmth, Brockton Deputy Fire Chief Mark Baker said. He said someone in the apartment called emergency services after the 2-year-old began to feel sick, and everyone in the residence was taken to the hospital.Todd Feathers can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter at @ToddFeathers.
On the beat
Columnist Adrian Walker says UMass Dartmouth is shaken after revelations that one of the Marathon bomb suspects was a student there. Read more