Second suspect arrested in mob attack on Dorchester bus driver

MBTA Transit Police arrested a second suspect today in relation to what they are calling a “senseless” group attack on a bus driver in Dorchester last week.

The person arrested is a 15-year-old Hyde Park resident, a statement said. Police said the person is a juvenile and they would not release the person’s identity.

On Wednesday, police arrested Albert Galloway, 18, of Roxbury after a suspicious post appeared on his Twitter account and an anonymous tipster told police he heard Galloway telling another person that his “hands hurt after last night.”

Advertisement—Continue Reading Below

Galloway and the 15-year-old suspect are allegedly members of a large group of teenagers who flagged down a Route 16 bus on Columbia Road in Dorchester on March 9, police said.

After blocking the road in front of the bus, the group allegedly stormed through the door and windows and began punching and kicking the driver, who was taken to Boston Medical Center where he was treated and released.

During his arraignment in Dorchester District Court Wednesday, Galloway pleaded not guilty to assault and battery. He was ordered held on $15,000 cash bail.

No further information was available on the 15-year-old suspect or how the person was apprehended, an MBTA spokesman said.

Share