Late Sunday night, authorities scaled back their search of Walden Pond in Concord for a 63-year-old Lincoln man who was reported missing after going for a swim earlier in the evening. The State Police’s dive team halted its search at about 10 p.m., saying it would resume Monday morning. Police said a patrol boat would check for the missing man periodically throughout the night. The man’s wife reported him missing at 6:45 p.m. She told authorities that her husband — who was not identified — said he was going to try to swim the entire length of the pond, according to a State Police statement. Officials searched the pond with a helicopter and a dive team before halting the search. The state conservation department as well as Concord police and fire departments also helped search, State Police said.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Stay Up-To-Date On Top Stories — Follow Boston.com