* Massachusetts residents spent $889 million at Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun in 2005. (Visitors from Rhode Island spent $322 million; from Maine, $35 million; from New Hampshire, $72.7 million; and from New York, $410 million.)
* The gaming activity of Massachusetts residents translated to an indirect contribution of nearly $123 million to the Connecticut state treasury in 2005.
* Rhode Island residents spent $257.4 million at their own "racinos." Massachusetts residents spent $190 million at those racinos.
* New England's casinos and slot parlors generated gambling revenues of $2.79 billion last year.
* About $933 million in new construction and capital investments are scheduled at existing New England casinos and slot parlors in the next few years.
* In its first two months of operation, Hollywood Slots in Bangor averaged $2,114 per day per slot in gross revenues.
* Of Massachusetts adults, 19 percent have gambled at Foxwoods in the past year.
* In 2004, the average Massachusetts resident spent $170 on gambling, $33 on food, $16 on lodging, $9.67 on retail purchases, and $6.02 on entertainment at Foxwoods per visit.
* Nearly one-quarter of Massachusetts residents say they know someone with a gambling problem.