A 69-year-old man who died in a two-alarm fire in Weston early Friday morning was a former firefighter for the town, WBZ News reports.
“There wasn’t anything the guys could do when they got here,’’ Chief David Soar told WCVB-TV. “They tried to make an interior attack, and they got pushed back by the fire. They knock[ed] the fire down to get inside, and that’s when we discovered the body.’’
The victim, Ross Giamo, was reportedly found trapped inside an apartment on the upper level of a detached garage.
WBZ reports that the state fire marshal’s office has determined the fire was caused by the failure of a “heavy-duty extension cord.’’