Faulty Cape Cod Tanning Bed Sends Three Women to ER

A short lie in a tanning salon went bad last week in Cape Cod.
A short lie in a tanning salon went bad last week in Cape Cod. –AP

An exposed bulb in a tanning bed gave severe burns to three women at a Cape Cod tanning salon last week, NECN reports.

The women all spent a few minutes in bed No. 10 at Sun Center 2000 salon in Hyannis, and they soon found the right side of their skin blistering and burning in serious pain. Each checked into the ER to get treated for second degree burns.

“I walked in and they told me that No. 10, the bed that I always go into, had an exposed bulb, but to not be alarmed, it was just brighter than the other ones,’’ one woman told NECN.

A health inspector shut down that specific bed on Tuesday night, NECN reports.

When reached by Boston.com, a woman who answered the phone at Sun Center 2000 this morning confirmed the salon was open today. The owners could not be reached for comment.

Advertisement
Close
Today's Headlines
Get The Boston Globe's top stories in your inbox each morning
Thanks for signing up!