THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING
New England in brief

Smoke follows electrical glitch

October 16, 2006

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

Text size +

A piece of NStar equipment under Brighton Avenue malfunctioned at 9:15 a.m. yesterday, causing smoke to rise from manholes in the area, including on Linden Street. Anne Marie Walsh , an NStar representative, said most of the customers who lost power had service restored by noon. No injuries were reported . (Full article: 561 words)

This article is available in our archives:

Globe Subscribers

FREE for subscribers

Subscribers to the Boston Globe get unlimited access to our archives.

Not a subscriber?

Non-Subscribers

Purchase an electronic copy of the full article. Learn More

  • $9.95 1 month archives pass
  • $24.95 3 months archives pass
  • $74.95 1 year archives pass

Connect with Boston.com

Twitter Follow us on @BostonUpdate, other Twitter accounts