Clues in Dr Pepper's scavenger hunt promotion, particularly one unveiled Tuesday, led dozens of people to the historic Granary Burying Ground in downtown Boston. They believed that the coin was hidden by the Franklin family monument in the center of the graveyard. A spokesman for Cadbury Schweppes, which makes Dr Pepper, confirmed that a coin was in the cemetery, but wouldn't say exactly where.
1. We'll make this search easy, forget 50 states. There are 13 of these, and in one the coin waits.
2. To find the coin sooner than later, find the shore of a stream flowing from the equator.
3. All big games start out small, as with this birth state of volleyball.
4. If you're hydrophobic, this will make you merry; to find the coin you won't need a ferry.
5. Each player gets three balls per frame. From a means of lighting it took its name. Its birthplace marks the western border, bringing to your search a little order.
6. Could a sinister spell your soul beguile? Then stay south of these famous trials.
7. It's cold in winter but your search will freeze if you don't keep it above 42 degrees.
8. In search of freedom they found this rock. From it, home toward Canada walk.
9. From this clue you must not stray; tighten your search around the beantown beltway.
10. The next hint will be easy for you, if you subtract 400 from the previous clue.
11. Its initials are BOS, its name means hollow, as the easternmost point, it's a clue you should follow.
12. Don't take for granted the monumental clue, for this is what you have to do. To face your direction, you must be deft and gaze out slightly to Prescott's left.
13. Of fourteen total it is one of the smallest, but its buildings are the tallest. So take note of its size as you search for your prize.
14. If you come from the north, there's something to know; you must deal with sea level above or below.
15. Don't waste time, don't be reckless, confine your search inside the emerald necklace.
16. BHCC.BU.MIT.NE.UM. It's not a question of what the letters might spell. Connect them as dots and a border they tell.
17. Mile after mile of a Pilgrim's hat. North of this line is where you should be at.
18. Even in winter salt water won't freeze, but this water is around 270 degrees.
19. If you're tall and prudent one thing is clear, the place you seek is northeast of here.
20. From city hall go back in time to find the very same place. Once you're there, you'll understand the pair, and know which way to race.
21. At Big Creeds Term is a mixed up place; to the south of it is where you must race.
22. With waters not potable, you should not stay, instead through public alleys make your way.
23. The waters are famous, but not for their bigness, you're close to the coin by the good ship Cygnus.
24. Finding the coin won't be nearly as hard, if you continue your search near Blaxton's back yard.
25. Music in the round is your next connection. Take the longest path away and you'll head in the right direction.
26. From second to first is the proper direction, once you've learned the history of subway connections.
27. From celebrated place that governs the people, follow a dome in the direction of a steeple.
28. This path's a dead end with a grain of truth, through the gates of Egypt you must sleuth.
29. The coin is quite close, but you may never know it. Look down the road from an ancient Greek poet.
30. You're hot on the trail, though the place may feel chilly. The coin rests by the name of a patriot at rest in Philly.