Saturday, 2:15 PM
Matt Collette, Globe Correspondent
An NSTAR employee was injured today at a Natick construction site when power lines flashed, burning the left side of his face and shoulder, a fire official said.
The 41-year-old employee was working at about 11 a.m. in a bucket truck connecting power lines to the Cloverleaf Apartments, which are still under construction. A surge of electricity burned his face, ears, and shoulder, said Deputy Chief Paul Tota of the Natick Fire Department.
Other workers on the scene used a burn kit to treat the victim, who never lost consciousness, Tota said.
Natick rescue crews arrived quickly at the scene because they were nearby, responding to a fire alarm at the nearby Natick Collection, Tota said. The man was taken by ambulance to Massachusetts General Hospital. His condition was not available.
An NSTAR spokesperson could not be immediately reached for comment.
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.