Saturday, 2:15 PM
Man electrocuted while renovating Walpole Wal-Mart
By Casey Ramsdell, Globe Correspondent
A 47-year-old man was killed early this morning when he was electrocuted while renovating a Wal-Mart in Walpole, police said.
Romulo Santos was killed at about 1 a.m., said Deputy Chief Scott Bushway of the Walpole Police Department. The native of Brazil was taken to Norwood Hospital and pronounced dead.
A construction crew severed an electrical wire while doing demolition work after the Wal-Mart had closed for the night. The victim was trying to reattach the wire when he was electrocuted, Bushway said.
Police are trying to notify Santos's family in Brazil, Bushway said. He does not have any relatives in the United States.
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.