A description of Mayor Thomas M. Menino exploding at one of his staunch supporters, an environmental activist from Fort Point Channel.
Click here to read a sampling of the deleted e-mails.
A heads up to the Menino administration from a city councilor about issues that the mayor's reelection challengers, Councilors Michael F. Flaherty and Sam Yoon, were preparing to raise in council hearings.
The manager of the city's 24-hour hot line noting that Menino had called that day to ask if a dumpster parked in the North End was legally permitted.
These were just some of the subjects of 5,018 e-mails and other documents that the mayor's office produced late last week to satisfy a public records request by the Globe. For the first time since the public controversy about the deletion of e-mails at City Hall, a sampling of the messages can be seen in their entirety by clicking here. The messages offer a window into the inner workings of City Hall and the central role of the mayor's chief of policy and planning, Michael J. Kineavy.
In the documents, the city did not provide many messages sent directly to or from Kineavy, who had routinely been double deleting his e-mails for the last five years. But it turned over other employees' e-mails that were exchanged with Kineavy and saved on the city server.
Boston officials are scheduled to meet on Tuesday with investigators from Secretary of State William F. Galvin's office to discuss the deletion of e-mails, which are supposed to be preserved. Galvin has not said whether the documents released last week by the city satisfied his order to recover all of Kineavy's e-mails. The city limited its search to recover the all the e-mails because it says it would be too expensive to scour Kineavy's hard drive or the city's backup computer tapes for e-mail exchanged between Kineavy and people outside City Hall.
On the beat
Columnist Shirley Leung says Boston mayor-elect Martin J. Walsh should focus on middle-class housing. Read more