BERLIN, Conn. (AP) — In a story Jan. 15 about a tentative contract agreement between Connecticut Light & Power and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, The Associated Press, relying on information from the union, incorrectly reported how long employees had been working without a contract. They had been doing so since June 2012, not June 2011.
A corrected version of the story is below:
BERLIN, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut’s largest utility and the union that represents about 1,200 workers have reached a tentative contract agreement that proposes a wage increase of about 11 percent over four years.
Frank Cirillo, a business manager for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, said members will vote Thursday on the contract with Connecticut Light & Power. He says he doesn’t know whether workers will accept it.
Cirillo said the contract doesn’t include staffing levels the union wants, but it’s barred by federal law from striking over that issue. The union says CL&P hasn’t filled 18 lineman vacancies.
Spokeswoman Caroline Pretyman said the company, a subsidiary of Northeast Utilities, is pleased the union is voting on the agreement and looks forward to having a contract in place.
Workers have been on the job without a contract since June 2012.