Scituate's Caitlin Ford walks about her experience on ‘The Voice’

Caitlin Michele Ford said she was “bummed out” by being bounced last week from the hit NBC show “The Voice,” but leaves without regrets.

“It was definitely a valuable experience,’’ the Scituate resident said in a telephone interview from Boston on Friday. “There were no real negatives that were significant enough for me to say I’d never do it again. If given the chance to do it again, I probably would.

“The experience gave most of us a lot of confidence we needed, and now that I have that, I’m pursuing my goals actively [rather] than sitting in my room and saying, ‘Why aren’t I famous?’ ”

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

In the show’s “Knockout Round” last Monday, Ford, 20, belted out Evanescence’s “Bring Me to Life,” while her opponent, Diego Val from Peru, sang “Are You Gonna Go My Way” by Lenny Kravitz.

Team coach Cee Lo Green went with Val, sending Ford home.

After making it through two rounds, Ford said she felt confident going into the latest round and had hoped to make it into the live round, where the audience votes.

So getting the boot was somewhat of a shock.

“I was really upset, because at first, I didn’t even want to do the show. . . . And during that performance, I thought, ‘I could win this, I could go live,’ and then I was like, ‘Nope,’ and I was really bummed out.”

Regardless, the singer, songwriter, and Berklee College of Music student is moving on with her career. She is talking to two small labels about potentially releasing an album around Christmas.

The experience also helped open Ford’s eyes to the inside of reality TV, showing her that not everything is as it’s perceived.

The inklings of fame have also taught Ford some lessons as she embarks on her next musical journey, she said.

“I learned being in the public eye is really stressful,” she said.

As for her teammates, Ford is continuing to root for them.

“We’re all human,” she said.

“The Voice” airs on NBC on Mondays at 8 p.m.