Players to Watch
, Hingham: Attracting interest from multiple college programs, the 6-foot-1 defenseman netted 12 points last season as a sophomore.
Brendan Kelley , Milton: The 6-foot senior captain takes a leading role for the defending Division 1 South champs after collecting 8 goals and 16 assists working the pivot last year.
Luke Stevens , Duxbury: Just a sophomore, he made an impression with 4 goals and 3 assists and with his ability to control the puck in a five-game stint on the varsity last year. He is the son of four-time NHL All-Star and former Bruin Kevin Stevens.
Troy Tenaglia , Braintree: The senior defenseman is a rugged presence on the blue line.
Trevor Trudeau, Rockland: The junior compiled a 2.99 goals against average last season, turning away 26 shots Division 3 South semifinal victory over Medfield.
Boys’ teams to watch:
(Listed with final 2011 records)
1. Hingham (17-6-2): The only public school program to qualify for the Super 8 last season.
2. Milton (19-4-3): The Wildcats are coming off a sensational run to the Division 1 state final.
3. Mansfield (15-5-3): Seven freshmen skated regular shifts in the Hornets’ run to the Division 2 South final.
4. Braintree (14-7-3): The defensive-minded Wamps are a serious threat for Bay State Carey title.
5. Rockland (17-6-1): Coach Mike Flaherty’s young club advanced to Division 3 South final last March.