A three-alarm fire at 92 Progress St.  of accidental origin left three people homeless Monday afternoon. No injuries were reported, but according to Abington Fire Chief John Nuttall, “the house appears to be a total loss.” There was only one occupant in the building at the time of the fire, said Nuttall, and she managed to get safely to a neighbor’s house before being transported by ambulance to a nearby hospital for unrelated non-life-threatening injuries. Smoke from the blaze in the 1890 home was visible from the fire station when the call was reported, and the flames spread so quickly that fighting the blaze required assistance from nine surrounding towns.  

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below