In 2006, Massachusetts implemented Nicole’s Law, requiring carbon monoxide detectors in all homes. The Georgetown Fire Department is asking residents to check their carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are still operable. Carbon monoxide detectors have a lifespan of about seven years, according to the department. Visit the Fire Department link on the town website for instructions on how to determine if a carbon monoxide detector needs replacing: www.georgetownma.gov.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Stay Up-To-Date On Top Stories — Follow Boston.com Follow Us