Sean Demers , Milton: The senior forward found the back of the net twice against Bay State Herget rival Wellesley — the first two goals of his varsity career — as the Wildcats pulled out a 4-1 road win over the Raiders.
Hannah Murphy , Duxbury: By scoring twice and assisting on another in a win over Sandwich, the senior captain extended her team leads in goals (21) and assists (15) for the SEMGHL Coastal Division’s top team.
Trevor O’Brien , Duxbury: The junior forward netted a hat trick en route to an 11-0 blowout of Silver Lake on the road in a matchup of the Patriot League’s top two teams.
Haley Payne , Braintree: The Wamps stayed atop the Bay State Carey Division standings with a 4-0 win over Needham, thanks in large part to a three-goal effort from the sophomore forward, who leads the team with 21 points this season.
Aidan Roach , Norwell: With a second-period hat trick against Mashpee/Upper Cape Tech last week, the senior captain helped the Clippers qualify for the Division 3 state tournament.
Healey’s Top 10 boys’ teams:
(Records through Sunday, with next game listed)
1. Duxbury (12-1-4); Sat., vs. BC High (Cape Cod Classic), 1
2. Hingham (11-5-1); Sat., vs. Austin Prep (Cape Cod Classic), 3
3. Norwood (10-2-2); Sat., at Winchester, 6
4. Archbishop Williams (11-2-3); Sat., vs. Waltham (Cape Cod Classic), 5
5. Marshfield (13-4); Sat., vs. St. John’s (Shrewsbury), 6:10
6. Braintree (13-3-1); Sat., vs. Catholic Memorial, 1:30
7. Xaverian (6-6-4); Sat., vs. Walpole, 5:40
8. Canton (13-3); Sat., vs. Newburyport, 6
9. Walpole (9-4-5); Sat., at Xaverian, 5:40
10. Silver Lake (12-3-2); Sat., at Cohasset, 8
Healey’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Duxbury (15-1-1); Sat., vs. Walpole, 6:45
2. Hingham (9-5-2); Fri., vs. Mount St. Charles (R.I.), 4:30
3. Canton (14-2-1); Mon., at Hingham, 6
4. Braintree (9-4-3); Sun., vs. Ursuline, noon
5. Archbishop Williams (13-5); Sat., vs. Fontbonne, 11 a.m.
6. Norwood (10-3-2); Tues., vs. Falmouth (Cape Cod Classic), 3
7. Fontbonne (9-6-2); Sat., at Archbishop Williams, 11 a.m.
8. Westwood (9-5-2); Sat., vs. Medway/Ashland, 4
9. Walpole (10-5-1); Sat., at Duxbury, 6:45
10. Norwell (8-3-4); Tues., vs. Ursuline (Cougar Classic), 1:40
Game of the Week
Duxbury boys (12-1-4) vs. Boston College High (10-2-3) at Falmouth Ice Arena, Cape Cod Classic, Saturday, 1
There are a number of stellar matchups this week, but none bigger than this nonleague tilt. The Eagles have lost just once in their last six games — more impressive when factoring in their brutal Catholic Conference schedule — while the Dragons have not fallen since the New Year. Duxbury is averaging more than four goals per game and BC High features junior forward Tom Besinger (seven goals, 16 assists) of Milton, and sophomore forward Patrick Kramer (10 goals, seven assists) of Bridgewater, so neither team has a problem scoring. Saturday may be another story, with Duxbury senior Chris Johnson (.962 save percentage, 1.00 goals-against average) and BC High senior Peter Cronin (.946 save percentage, 1.53 GAA) of Norwell in net.
Tim HealeyTim Healey can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter@timbhealey.