Items inside the time capsule:

 Saint Polycarp School original four-page description, distributed when the school opened in 1950

 Church reunion notebooks from 1937, 1938, 1939, and 1951

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

 A copy of the letter sent from the nuns running the school to parents on Sept. 7, 1950, its first day

 Envelopes containing the handwritten names by all first-, second-, and third-graders at Saint Polycarp School from September 1950 to June 1951

 Medals: Sacred Heart Badge Miraculous, Our Lady of Olives Patron Saint, Our Lady of Providence Patron Saint, Infant of Prague, St. Joseph, St. Gerard, St. Benedict, Holy Ghost, Four Way Medal

 Photos: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart; Sister Maria Goretti; the Rev. Daniel J. Sullivan; Boston Archbishop Richard J. Cushing

 Copy of the Prayer to the Holy Trinity, Legion of Mary prayer book

 Note dated May 12, 1951, listing property caretakers

 A monthly letter distributed at Sunday Mass, dated May 13, 1951: The subject: Being nice to your mother

 A copy of The Pilot from May 12, 1951. Top headline: “Catholic women reminded path to lasting peace lies in prayer”

SOURCE: Somerville Community Corporation