Prosecutors are dropping their case against a Methuen teenager who was arrested last month for allegedly posting a bomb threat online that mentioned the Boston Marathon attacks and the White House, authorities said.
An Essex County grand jury declined Thursday to bring an indictment against Cameron D’Ambrosio, 18, so prosecutors will formally file a motion to drop the charge of making a bomb or hijack threat, said Carrie Kimball Monahan, a spokeswoman for the district attorney.
She declined to comment on the grand jury’s decision.
Neither D’Ambrosio nor his lawyer could be reached for comment Thursday night.
In a statement, Methuen Police Chief Joseph Solomon said his department disagrees with the grand jury’s decision but respects the ruling. Full story for BostonGlobe.com subscribers.