A three-alarm fire ripped through a Newton business and ignited three parked cars Tuesday afternoon, after a high-voltage wire snapped and landed on the building’s roof, said Newton police Lieutenant Bruce Apotheker. The fire began at around 2:10 p.m. on the roof of the Splash store, at 244 Needham St. in Newton Upper Falls, he said. The wire fell to the ground and ignited three parked cars. No one was injured, but the exterior and interior of the business were badly damaged, Apotheker said. Splash’s website describes the business as a bath and kitchen design center.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Stay Up-To-Date On Top Stories — Follow Boston.com Follow Us