A chemical accident in a Northeastern University lab sent one student to the hospital Tuesday night, authorities said. While the student was working in a third-floor lab of the Egan Engineering/Science Research Center, the chemicals at his workstation reacted and splashed on him, said Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald. Hazardous materials crews were called to the scene at about 6:30 p.m. as a standard response, but the calls were soon canceled, MacDonald said. The student had followed protocol by washing his eyes and body immediately and was able to walk outside to the ambulance, officials said. Boston Emergency Medical Services took him to Brigham and Women’s Hospital as a precaution, MacDonald said.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Stay Up-To-Date On Top Stories — Follow Boston.com Follow Us