This is a summary. To read the whole story subscribe to BostonGlobe.com
Some of the companies that were denied medical marijuana dispensary licenses are joining together to consider possible legal action amid widespread criticism on how the state selected the winning applicants.
A lawyer who is organizing the effort and led a company that lost its bid for a dispensary in Brockton said Thursday that the Department of Public Health “broke its own rules” when awarding the state’s first 20 licenses last month and urged Governor Deval Patrick to order officials to start from the beginning.
“I think the Governor needs to stop this process,” said Jonathan C. Rutley, chief executive of the Striar Center for Compassionate Care. “It needs to start over again because clearly there have been so many violations.”