News

Milford boy, 2, dies after swallowing screw; no foul play suspected, Milford police say

A 2-year-old Milford boy died this morning after swallowing a screw that had come loose from a piece of furniture, obstructing his airway and causing him to choke, according to Milford police.

“The death is a tragic accident,” Milford Police Chief Tom O’Loughlin said today in a statement.

The toddler was pronounced dead this morning at the Milford Regional Medical Center, police said.

Advertisement—Continue Reading Below

State Police and Milford detectives determined that the screw had become detached from a piece of furniture in the Water Street home, police said.

“Given that this is a medical call that resulted in a death, we will not be releasing the name of the child or family,” the statement said.

Share