Arrest warrants issued in fatal shooting of Waltham teen

Domingo Mendes (left) and Taylor Poulin (right) are suspected in connection with the shooting death of a Waltham teen last week.
Domingo Mendes (left) and Taylor Poulin (right) are suspected in connection with the shooting death of a Waltham teen last week.
Photo Courtesy Middlesex District Attorney

A statement released by the Middlesex District Attorney’s office today said that arrest warrants have been issued for two men connected to the shooting death of a Waltham teen last week.

Tyler Zanco, a 17-year-old Waltham High School student, was shot and killed in the parking lot of an apartment complex in Waltham on Thursday. A joint statement issued by Waltham Police and the Middlesex District Attorney indicated that the killing was still under investigation but was not believed to be random.

Authorities said in the release that they continue to believe the suspects and victim knew each other. Officials are hoping for the public’s help in locating both suspects. From the statement:

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

Domingo Mendes, 22, of Belmont is wanted on charges of murder, possession of a firearm, and conspiracy to violate drug laws. He is described as a black male, 5'10" tall and 165 lbs. He is considered armed and dangerous.

Taylor Poulin, 21, of Newton is wanted on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, unlicensed possession of a firearm, and conspiracy to violate drug laws. He is described as a white male, 6' tall, and 220 lbs. He may be operating a black 2002 Ford Explorer.

Waltham police have asked anyone with information on the suspects to contact them.