Legal Sea Foods located at the Street in Chestnut Hill along Route 9 was evacuated Tuesday morning following high carbon monoxide readings in the restaurants, the Newton Fire Department tweeted. A nearby restaurant, The Cottage, was also evacuated.

WCVB first reported that carbon monoxide detectors were going off this morning when employees came to work. Newton fire and National Grid have reportedly traced the problem to a Legal Sea Foods oven.

One person was evaluated for carbon monoxide poisoning on site and was cleared, Newton Fire tweeted.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

Both restaurants plan to open to customers for lunch.