The owners of the Lakeview Pavilion wedding reception facility in Foxborough plan to refund about 200 couples who had booked weddings through fall of 2015 after a fire damaged the building over the weekend.
Firefighters battled a large three-alarm blaze that started during a wedding reception Saturday evening.
The Boston Globe reported that the careless disposal of a cigarette thrown into some mulch is now being eyed as the probable cause of the blaze.
“We are devastated by the loss of this beloved local treasure and are absolutely committed to quickly rebuilding an even better Lakeview Pavilion,” they said.
The Sun Chronicle reported that the roof partially collapsed during the course of the fire.
WCVB-TV’s Liam Martin reports that the wedding’s officiator had just pronounced the couple “husband and wife” when the party noticed the smell of smoke.
WHDH-TV posted this video of the fire on their Facebook page:
What remains of the 108-year-old building will be demolished, according to CBS Boston, but the owners say they plan to rebuild.