On April 19, 2013, as the Boston-area was on lockdown, the city of Watertown, Mass. became the focal point of a massive manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing.
Residents took to social media and posted photos of their first-hand experiences as S.W.A.T. teams entered their homes, tanks took over side streets, and helicopters flew overhead. Here are some of the images from that day.
Manhunt of Suspect #1 turns fatal. Standoff in Watertown with police. Suspect #1 & one officer killed in the process. pic.twitter.com/0EIrE30qUq— It's GL0! (@GL0) April 19, 2013
Watertown Target parking lot has turned into a satellite field. pic.twitter.com/Et2Fdqwb9v— Taylor Dobbs (@taylordobbs) April 19, 2013
Surreal photo from Reuters. Watertown residents being evacuated from their home Friday morning. pic.twitter.com/nkT6Dridih— Mark Norris (@markwnorris) April 19, 2013
- Teen taking Lamborghini test drive dies in crash
- Conn. State Police Find Car Linked To Alleged Threat Against Obama
- An Appreciation of Adrian Beltre, the Baseball and Comedy Superstar NESN Never Knew it Had
- Atlantic City losing 2 casinos, 5K jobs in 3 days
- A Grocery List of PR Lessons from the Market Basket Saga: Don’t Do Anything They Did