Charlie Baker is the Republican frontrunner for governor of Massachusetts. Born and raised in Needham, Mass., he currently lives in Swampscott with his wife and three kids. But here are some facts about Baker you can’t find on his campaign website:
1. His first job was working the local paper route in Bethesda, Md.
2. If he were in a talent show, he’d play air guitar.
3. He’d want Liam Neeson to play him in a movie about his life.
4. He eats PB&J’s for lunch.
5. After a long day, his favorite drink is either beer, wine, vodka, or tequila. It just depends, he says.
6. He hasn’t eaten fast food in years. (How he resisted the Doritos Locos taco craze, we do not know.)
7. His favorite Massachusetts-based movie is “The Fighter,” starring Boston native Mark Wahlberg.
8. The last book he read was “Lone Survivor,” Marcus Luttrell’s account of Operation Redwing and Navy SEAL Team 10.
9. “Forever” by The Dropkick Murphys is the theme song of his life. How very Bahston.
This is the first installment of Boston.com’s “The Lighter Side of the Gubernatorial Candidates.”