Mark Fisher is seeking the Republican nomination for Mass. governor in 2014. He’s also the owner of Merchant’s Fabrication, a metal manufacturing facility, in Auburn. Fisher grew up in Westfield, Mass., and currently resides in Shrewsbury with his wife, who was his college sweetheart. They have two children.
Here are some things about the Tea Party candidate that you won’t find on his campaign website:
1. He says he’s tired of “having to listen to Democrats saying that things are just fine!”
2. His favorite piece of technology is a very well-made cigar cutter. (How refined!)
4. If he’s going to indulge in a little reality TV, he watches “Restaurant Impossible.”
5. His spirit animal would be a wolverine because “they’re tough and don’t back down!”
6. He rarely uses public transportation and hasn’t taken a train since four years ago when he went to a Red Sox game.
7. He used to own a shotgun (that he built himself) as the manufacturing manager at Savage Arms in Westfield. He sold it eight years ago.
8. His first set of wheels was a Plymouth Fury II coupe.
9. He enjoys eating clam chowder for lunch.
10. His favorite restaurant is “The Flying Rhino Cafe and Watering Hole” in Worcester.Justine Hofherr can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her @Jhofherr29