While their “use yah blinkah” sign on I-93 was a hit last month, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation has enlisted the public to come up with a new wicked awesome slogan to flash over the same highway. MassDOT will be crowdsourcing #DOTspeak suggestions from Twitter and Facebook until August 1st. The best traffic alerts about road rage, distracted driving, and seatbelts will be displayed on August 15-18, over Labor Day weekend, and over Columbus Day weekend, respectively.
The entries can not contain profanity and must follow character limitations: two panels, each with three lines of eight characters.
Here are our favorite suggestions so far:
1. “Text latah” is short and sweet.
2. Everyone could use a reminder to share the road.
3. Anything with a mention of being wicked smart would be appropriate.
4. A message to all those folks who use the left lane as the travel lane:
5. A reminder to keep our State Troopers safe:
6. “Pahk yah cah” (in Harvard Yard?) before you text.
7. “Use yah seatbelt, guy!”
8. “Aggressive driving causes traffic.” Touché
9. “The T would be even slower” might calm some commuters down during traffic.
10. Anything about rubbernecking, really.
11. Any of these:
12. If only this one wasn’t too long:
@MassDOT "See a Troopah? Move ovah!"
Let's show the out of statahs we are not all wicked bad drivahs. #DOTSPEAK— Mark Woitunski (@MarkWoitunski) June 24, 2014