TOWNSEND, Mass.—Massachusetts officials say a propane tank may be at the root of an explosion that leveled a Townsend house in a fiery blast that was heard and felt throughout the neighborhood.
No one was home at the time of the blast late Saturday afternoon, and officials from the State Fire Marshal's Office returned Sunday to the property to continue their investigation.
Chip and Janice Mann, who live next door to the house, tell The Lowell Sun ( http://bit.ly/oiMw8a) they saw the homeowner walking down the street 20 minutes before the explosion.
Townsend Deputy Fire Chief Dave Roy confirmed that no one inside the home during the blast and no one was injured. The incident remained under investigation Sunday.