RadioBDC Logo
Cold Feet Killer | My Goodness Listen Live
THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

McGee quits gaming commission post, citing ‘growing distractions’

By Andrea Estes
Globe Staff / May 9, 2012
Text size +
  • E-mail
  • E-mail this article

    Invalid E-mail address
    Invalid E-mail address

    Sending your article

    Your article has been sent.

The newly appointed head of the state’s gaming commission has resigned, citing the “growing distractions” created by the allegations of sexual abuse against him.

In a message to the gaming commission this evening, Carl Stanley McGee, named interim executive director last week, said that “after much personal thought” he decided he cannot be effective in the job.

The chairman of the commission, Stephen Crosby, said he agreed with McGee’s decision “in the interest of maintaining public confidence” in the body.

McGee, an assistant secretary in the Patrick administration, was accused of assaulting a 15-year-old boy in the steam room of a Florida resort in 2007. He was arrested at the time, but a local prosecutor later declined to bring charges.

The commission had staunchly defended his appointment

  • E-mail
  • E-mail this article

    Invalid E-mail address
    Invalid E-mail address

    Sending your article

    Your article has been sent.