DPW paving projects scheduled for multiple roadways
Drivers experienced some traffic headaches on Route 97 last week as Department of Public Works crews worked on a scheduled paving project from the Topsfield line to the Interstate 95 overpass. The project was part of a project to repave several Boxford roads under the town’s Pavement Management Plan. Almost 75 percent of the cost of the paving is provided by state Department of Transportation Chapter 90 Funds. The town provides the remaining 25 percent through the DPW’s budget. This year, the DPW also plans to pave sections of Ipswich Road, Maple Avenue, and Upper Lake Shore Road.