This photo of the cottage was taken around 1910.
Using old photographs and the cottage next door as a guide, they eventually brought the place back to its original, salt-of-the-earth roots. Formica countertops were removed from the kitchen, white plasterboard was taken off the walls, and cedar shingles that covered the exterior of the house came down. Ornate gingerbread trim was restored along the roof, and vintage plumbing fixtures were installed.
Photo courtesy James Currier