News

Fireworks blast an accident, fire marshal says

New Hampshire’s fire marshal said the fireworks explosion at a Pelham home last summer that seriously injured a 2-year-old boy was accidental. Fire Marshal J. William Degnan said that 344 mortar shells on the back deck of the home were set off by an aerial spinner firework. Degnan said all 13 people injured, eight adults and five children, were on the deck or in an adjacent, three-season porch. One of the most seriously injured was 2-year-old Ben Bertini, who was kept in a medically induced coma for a week at Shriners Hospital in Boston.

Share