PLAISTOW, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire fire officials have identified three people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning after a malfunction in a propane-fired furnace.
Fire Marshal J. William Degnan says the investigation into the deaths in Plaistow continues. Four people were discovered in a house about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday when firefighters were asked to check on them.
Three people died. They were identified Thursday as 32-year-old Kirk Walsh, 47-year-old Maryanne Comparato and 28-year-old John Adams Jr. A fourth victim was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital. His name and condition were not released.
Degnan says the home had a carbon monoxide detector but it didn’t have batteries.