THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

NH student shocked in shop class sues school

August 31, 2010

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

Text size +

DOVER, N.H.—A New Hampshire high school student shocked so severely in a shop class that his heart stopped is suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.

Kyle Dubois and his parents claim teacher Thomas Kelley did not warn Dubois and other students of the dangers of the electrical demonstration cords in their electrical trades class.

On March 11, Dubois attached an electrical clamp to one nipple while another student attached another clamp to the other. A third student plugged in the cord.

Dubois was critically injured.

The New Hampshire Union Leader says Dubois's suit contends he suffered permanent brain damage.

Kelley resigned from his teaching position about a month after the incident.

Kelley declined comment.

Connect with Boston.com

Twitter Follow us on @BostonUpdate, other Twitter accounts